Thursday, January 10, 2013

Tip

Do something everyday that you don't want to do; this is the golden rule for acquiring the habit of doing your duty without pain.
Mark Twain
 
 
I'm sure you're wondering where this came from when my call last week was for happiness, but I think this falls right in with my thinking. 
All things within reason of course and since I'm a big fan of feeling good, taking care, and resting, this week stretch your happiness to a place you've not visited before.
 
Remember my sleep struggle?  I am one week in without getting up in the night!  I still turn on the television before snuggling up and I'm now shooting for one more week of sequester and then no more electronics once I'm under the covers. 
 
A few suggestions I might make for you this week is to increase the pace of your walk/run, or do a few more reps than you normally do per set, eat a vegetable you "don't like," go meatless one evening, add squats to your exercise routine, make a friendly gesture to a neighbor/colleague/stranger that is out of your character, or my all time favorite-increase your weight when lifting!


No comments: