Thursday, January 27, 2011

Fit Tip

Take this Weight Loss Readiness Quiz to see if you are truly ready to make a change.  Answer true or false, and be honest!
  1. I have thought a lot about my eating habits and physical activities, and I know what I might change.
  2. I know hat I need to make permanent, not temporary, changes in my eating a activity patterns.
  3. I will feel successful only if I lose a lot of weight.
  4. I know that it's best if I lose weight slowly.
  5. I'm thinking about losing weight now because I really want to, not becasue someone else thinks I should.
  6. I think losing weight would solve other problems in my life.
  7. I am willing and able to increase my regular physical activity.
  8. I can lose weight successfully if I have no slip-ups.
  9. I am willing to commit time and effort each week to organize and plan my food and activity choices.
  10. Once I lose a few pounds, but reach a plateau, I usually lose the motivation to keep going toward my weight goal.
  11. I want to start a weight loss program, even though my life is unusually stressful right now.

I'll post the scoring guide tomorrow so be sure and check back.
 
*Taken from American Dietetic Association, Complete Food and Nutrition Guide, 3rd edition

No comments: