Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Again the Fit Tip

"Health is a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity."
     -Preamble to the Constitution of the World Health Organization, 1946

So yeah, I'm still on the feeling groovy bandwagon for super fitness!  Personally, I've noticed through the years that I tend to look my best when I'm at my happiest.  I rarely loose weight during those times, nor do I change my schedule or routine. (I'm sure if I looked hard I'd see a trend, but I'm no statistician!)  I do know that upon reflexion, those were times when all was right with my world.

Idea Fitness Journal is my motivator this week and I'm quoting from an article published entitled "The Happiness Factor." 
Here's a list of what they call What Happy People Do:
  • devote a great amount of time to nurturing and enjoying relationships;
  • are comfortable expressing gratitude;
  • are often the first to offer help to others;
  • are optimistic about their futures;
  • live in the present moment;
  • make physical exercise a weekly and daily habit;
  • are deeply committed to lifelong goals and ambitions; and
  • have stresses and even tragedies, but are able to cope in the face of challenges.
This week, focus on being happy.  It doesn't come easy to many of us!  I've been practicing happiness for the last many years and I won't lie to you (I never do!), it's a lot of work.  But trust me, its worth all the effort you put into it.  Go ahead, make my glass half full please!

No comments: