Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Time, Time, and (less/more), Time

Feel like you're just not getting it all done in a day?  Exercise!?  No time for that!!!  Nothing irritates me more as a trainer than to get a call from my client saying "they have too much to do" or " there are errands to get done" so they can't come to the session.  Really???
Since it's "back to school" and shops are advertising their school supplies, take a cue from the teacher's list and pick up your own agenda.  I know, I know, you carry a blackberry or smart phone or whatever-use it much for record keeping?
I'm a huge fan of the traditional composition notebook.  Grab one and start making a To-Do List.  Prioritize each days necessary jobs and include your training!  You'll be amazed at how well you will manage your time when its in black & white in front of you.  Don't forget to check off items as you go.
Extra pages in that big book....ahhh...an excellent place to jot down your food log :)

1 comment:

TrainerLisa said...

So right, Ann. Always make time to take care of yourself, because if you don't, who will?! It will pay off in the continued quality of life you will experience. Consistent exercise not only helps the physical body, but the mental attitude as well. I wouldn't want to live a life without movement, or I'd probably crawl into a depression...eeek! LOVE the TRX photos btw! Rock on!